ADOPT A PET: Meet Brownie |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
ATLANTA, Ga. – If you dream of coming home to a wet nose, wagging tail and tons of kisses (in addition to, perhaps, a half-chewed shoe or an overturned trashcan) adopt a puppy from your local Humane Society. According to the ASPCA, approximately 5 million to 7 million domesticated animals enter animal shelters nationwide, every year, and approximately 3 million to 4 million are euthanized. However, you can change those numbers by adopting a "companion" for yourself or for your family. Pets are an investment but, in our opinion, an investment well worth the money.
Brownie came to the Atlanta Humane Society to find a permanent home with a loving owner; his former owner noted that Brownie was mischievous without supervision and recommended that he get some crate training. He is a one-year-old American Staffordshire terrier mix and is eager to be trained as he could still be considered an older puppy. Brownie can be a loving asset to your family for $100.
If one should choose to adopt a pet from the Atlanta Humane Society, adoption fees include: vaccinations and de-worming, a veterinarian visit, a microchip and surgical sterilization. And, a list of the basic requirements for adoption can be found here. If you're interested, visit the Humane Society at 981 Howell Mill Road in Atlanta.
Be sure to tune into our Atlanta Humane Society "Pet of the Week" segment every Friday during our afternoon broadcast.
Upcoming Events near Buckhead
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running