SPANX to relocate HQ to Buckhead Atlanta | Business
ATLANTA -- SPANX, the $1 billion women's undergarment and apparel company based in Atlanta, is relocating its headquarters to Buckhead Atlanta.
Its expanded world headquarters is just one feature. Buckhead Atlanta, a large mixed-use project at Peachtree and Pharr roads that hasn't had an anchor tenant, will also house a flagship SPANX store. SPANX's headquarters will be on three floors, and the company is getting signage rights. The headquarters will open onto a rooftop garden terrace with additional balconies.
SPANX will lease 86,000 square feet of office space initially, with an option to expand up to 112,000 square feet. The company plans to relocate from the 3344 Peachtree tower to Buckhead Atlanta in November 2014.
"Like the SPANX brand, the Buckhead Atlanta space is innovative and unique," SPANX Founder Sara Blakely said. "We're also thrilled to offer hometown fans a way to experience the magic of SPANX at our first [flagship] store."
SPANX CEO Laurie Ann Goldman said, "The opportunity to house a premier retail store alongside our dream headquarters made Buckhead Atlanta perfect."
Brannan Moss and Josh Hirsh with Jones Lang LaSalle represented SPANX in the transaction. Amy Fingerhut of CBRE represented OliverMcMillan.
Written by Douglas Sams, Amy Wenk of Atlanta Business Chronicle
Upcoming Events near Buckhead
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running