CRCT Investigation Report: Jackson Elementary School |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Jackson Elementary School
1325 Mt. Paran Road
Principal: Dr. Lorraine Reich
Testing Coordinator: Jimmye Hawkins
SRT-4 Executive Director: Tamara Cotman
ATLANTA -- The Governor's Special Investigators who looked into allegations of CRCT cheating in Atlanta Public Schools determined that two Jackson Elementary teachers cheated in 2009.
Ann Offen told investigators that she was "certain" that students "caught on to the way I inflect my voice" and admitted to using that inflection to hint toward correct test answers. The report released Tuesday also revealed Offen's testimony that she was "not surprised she was flagged, but she was embarrassed to be flagged."
Like Offen, teacher Lori Dewberry said she read "dramatically" to her students throughout the school year and "may have accidentally used voice inflection when reading the correct answer choices during the 2009 CRCT." (318)
Investigators concluded that Offen and Dewberry cheated, but principal Lorraine Reich was unaware of it. (319) Reich is still principal of Jackson Elementary, according to the school's website.
Upcoming Events near Buckhead
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds