Parents fired up over possible APS redistricting | Families
ATLANTA -- A plan to possibly close up to a dozen Atlanta public schools has some parents seeing red.
At a meeting Monday night, several parents complained that they live within walking distance from their current schools but, under the new plans, will have to travel several miles to take their children to and from school.
The proposal is based around the fact that several Atlanta schools have lost a considerable number of students lately, and consolidation will help some of the half-empty buildings reach capacity.
Another meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday at Young Middle School.
11Alive's Donna Lowry reports.
Upcoming Events near Buckhead
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running