Girls' choir sings Valentine grams | News
ATLANTA -- It was surprising to some and embarrassing to others, but most agreed a "Valentine Gram" from the Buckhead Girls' Choir was a memorable way to celebrate the holiday. Parents of several members of the choir allowed their kids to take a day off from school to fundraise for the choir.
They traveled to more than a dozen places to sing three songs to surprised recipients.
"They were adorable, absolutely adorable," said Nancy Cartledge. "I haven't even been at the job for two weeks, so I didn't even think my husband knew the address, so to have someone show up here is amazing."
Loved ones paid $60 dollars to send the group to sing. The money will go toward the choir's uniforms, scholarship fund and a trip to perform at Disney World this Spring. The choir is made up of girls 17 and younger from public and private schools. They said they look forward to the singing trip every year.
"We get to sing to all these people and they usually have great remarks about us," said Natalie Spangler. "It makes us feel good that we're making other people smile."
Upcoming Events near Buckhead
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running