Texas district cuts ties with ex-Atlanta official | News
DeSOTO, Texas -- A Dallas-area school board is severing ties with its new superintendent, who was caught in the fallout of a test-cheating scandal in her previous district in Atlanta.
The DeSoto school board voted 3-2 Monday night to negotiate the terms of a voluntary exit agreement with Superintendent Kathy Augustine's employment. Two board members were absent.
The board had the same discussion on the agenda last month but adjourned without settling the future of the former deputy Atlanta school superintendent.
The district in the suburb south of Dallas hired Augustine in April for $188,000 a year. However, the board placed her on paid leave last month while it re-examined her Atlanta tenure. She has denied having knowledge of test cheating in Atlanta.
Upcoming Events near Buckhead
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds