BUCKHEAD: FLIP Burger fans to cheer on #TeamBlais | News
ATLANTA -- On Wednesday night, The Buckhead Theatre is hosting a free viewing of "Top Chef All-Stars" in honor of FLIP Burger concept chef, Richard Blais.
Members of "Team Blais", a group of devoted fans will watch as he competes for the "Top Chef" title. Blais' supporters will be tweeting and using the hastag #TeamBlais to identify themselves.
Blais, originally from Uniondale, New York, began his career at McDonald's. According to his website, it was at McDonald's where he first "dabbled in deconstruction in cuisine; serving the filet-o-fish sandwiches with no top bun".
Fast forward, some 15 years, and Blais has made a career of creating innovative burgers like the popular Butchers Cut Burger and the RBQ at his burger boutiques located in Midtown, Buckhead and Birmingham.
Blais has been featured in magazines like Sports Illustrated, Food & Wine and in the The New York Times for his innovative interpretation of classic American fare.
Doors to The Buckhead Theatre open at 8:30 p.m., and only the first 500 people will be admitted. Guests are encouraged to dine at the FLIP Burger Boutique located at 3655 Roswell Road before the event. However, there will be a cash bar on site.
The Buckhead Theatre is located at 3110 Roswell Road in Atlanta.
Upcoming Events near Buckhead
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running