Dante's Down the Hatch to close Tuesday | Restaurants
ATLANTA -- A Buckhead landmark will close its doors for good Tuesday.
After 43 years on Peachtree Road, Dante's Down the Hatch is saying goodbye to its famous location.
The eclectic eatery is known for its fondue and crocodiles.
Owner Dante Stephensen said he can no longer justify paying the high property taxes on the restaurant. He received $8 million to sell it.
Developers plan to tear down the building and build a new apartment tower.
According to the Dante's Down the Hatch website, the restaurant is looking for a new location.
Upcoming Events near Buckhead
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running