Atlanta Schools discuss safety | Schools
ATLANTA -- The issue of school safety has been in the news a lot lately since the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut.
Tuesday and Wednesday Atlanta parents can get information about what's being done to keep their kids safe.
The Atlanta school system is holding forums to talk about safety and security. Parents are encouraged to attend and give feedback.
Schools routinely update their security procedures. Just last week Marietta High School in Cobb County held a safety drill to practice what they would do in an emergency.
It was not a reaction to the Connecticut shooting, but it's a good reminder of why these procedures are so important.
Here's information about the first two forums in Atlanta:
- Tuesday at Therrell High School at 6p.m.
- Wednesday at Grady High School at 6p.m.
Upcoming Events near Buckhead
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running